Friday 6 February 2015

An Escape Into Reality


Life rolls on bringing forth its share of ups and downs
I sail through the turbulent seas and fly across the heavenly clouds.
Take resort in my sole solace, I and my solitude.
Flash-comes a panorama of events, of times when I  was apparently love lorn and remind me of the person who had carved a niche in the deepest sanctuaries of my heart but eventually when the harsh forces of reality removed the mask over my illusions, the veil was abandoned.
Abandoned suddenly.
The greatest shock to me.
Dreams u cherished had shattered an instant and the broken pieces of the reverie remained scattered.
Not knowing what to do, surrounded by gloom.
Grim uncertainties, life insignificant.
Everyone saw me brimming  life but I heard the sound of my weeping soul.
Eventually, I discovered there was nothing as beautiful as a dew drop on a petal.
How could I call it love?
Back to the present- a jerk to reality.
Love, then, was a misunderstood emotion.
Love for me had been superficial.
Love in reality, is far from mundane.
'Much above superficiality' is what they say.
Love consists of fragments of joy.
Little packages of simple pleasures, precious and rare.
Companionship, where there is no pretence.
A feeling of warmth amidst the surrounding gloom.
Love is everlasting,unbiased and with no prejudice.
It brings along a fair share of waiting but the ultimate feeling of being in love engrains in the blood-'the essence of living'
Realization of through finally through late
Love is above the 'mundane' and transient infatuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment